Wednesday 17 June 2015

Book Review: The Storm by Virginia Bergin

I missed the butterflies.

My name is Ruby Morris. I don't go when it rains.
Once you've survived an apocalypse, the old rules don't seem to matter so much.


Like today I drove a Ferrari that wasn't mine, but no one cared (there's no one left to care). 


If I want to eat only Nutella, then I can (there;s nothing else to eat).

And if I want to go to wild parties in mansions, I will (this only happened once).

Of course, there are bad things too. Like everyone you cared about being gone, having no one to trust and, worst of all, not being able to stop thinking about THAT KISS with Darius Spratt...

But I've survived this long and I'm not going to die now.


I think enjoyment of this novel does depend on reading the first one. If you haven't read the first book, why not check out my review of it instead of possibly spoiling yourself with this review.

The story starts back up months later and a disillusion Ruby. She still the same Ruby and does dumb stuff, but she makes a better effort not to do dumb stuff.

We get some answers in this book, and a satisfying ending to the series. The science continues to be a bit effy. I think this novel might be more horrifying than the last book. Though, I did feel like emotions didn't hit as strong as I felt they should have. Things that happen didn't impact much and felt more like getting rid of a character out of the way.

The character development was nice to see, Ruby has grown up a bit in this series and you see in this book. The relationships were good and some were interesting to see.

Overall, I gave this book four out of five stars for eating things out of a well. We get answers and the series leaves off with a satisfying ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment